Thursday, October 26, 2006

Kyoto cont.

The Golden Pavilion or Kinkaku is a popular name for one of the main buildings of this temple, which is properly called Rokuon-ji Temple. Both the 2nd and 3rd floors are covered with gold-leaf on Japanese lacquer, making this a striking and expensive building!! The temple/building was built with a mirror pool surrounding it, to make the most of the reflections and seasonal colours. I kid you not, I have never seen so many tourists in one place - at one time, all crammed in taking photos... this may look like a tranquil spot... it was full of crazy Japanese school kids on trips!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh




Hide and I at hushimi inari... I had yakked on about going here for as long as I can remember - so it was great to finally come ;-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home